1. Wet graphite electrodes must be dried prior to use.
2. The foam protective caps on the electrodes socket shall be removed to verify the integrity of the internal threads of the electrode socket.
3. The surfaces of the electrodes and the internal threads of the socket shall be cleared by compressed air free of any oil and water. No steel wool or metal sand cloth shall be used in such clearance.
4. The nipple must be screwed carefully into the electrode socket of one end of the electrode without collision with the internal threads t is not suggested to directly put the nipple into the electrode removed from the furnace)
5. The lifting appliance (it' s preferred to adopt graphite lifting appliance) should be screwed into the electrode socket of the other end of the electrode
6. When lifting the electrode, cushion-like materials must be put on the ground under the connecting end of the electrode to avoid any collision. After the lifting hock has been put into the ring of the lifting appliance. The electrode shall be lifted smoothly to prevent it from falling or colliding with any other fixture.
7. The electrode shall be lifted above the head of the working electrode and dropped slowly aiming at the electrode socket. Then the electrode will be screwed to make the helical hook and the electrode declining and tuning together. When the distance between the end faces of two electrodes is 10-20mm, the two end face of the electrodes and the outer part of the nipple must be cleared again by compressed air. Finally the electrode must be laid gently, or the threads of the electrode socket and nipple will be damaged because of the violent collision.
8. Use torque spanner to screw the electrode until the end faces of the two electrodes contact closely(the gap of correct connection between the electrodes is less than 0.05mm).